Fun Family of Four Adventures
Lilypie First Birthday tickers
Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Monday, August 16, 2010

Our 10 year Anniversary!

Time sure does fly when your having fun!  It's hard to believe that Mark and I have been married for 10 years and together for 11.  We started dating in College at Western Kentucky University and Mark took me on my first date out on the town in Nashville so it was the perfect idea to spend out Anniversary in Bowling Green and Nashville!!!  We started the week back home in E-town to visit family and then spent Thursday August 12th (our actual anniversary) in Bowling green.  We took Ava to campus and showed her where Mommy and Daddy went to school and lived.
The tall building in the back ground is the dorm I lived in my first year at WKU

 Daddy even pointed out the exact spot where he first saw me walking on campus a few weeks before he asked me out.  We also took her to buy some WKU shirts and acessories.
Looks like we need a few family members to make this picture complete.  All I had was my camera phone so picture quality is not the greatest!

Friday after my sister got off work early we headed to Nashville for two nights to ourselves.  We first had to check into the hotel and get ready for dinner.  We stayed at Union Station Hotel which started out as a train station and first opened in October 1900.  The hotel was so beautiful with a mix of restored history and modern flair.  Our room was awesome with a beautiful view of downtown Nashville.  Mark would not give me any details on where we were going for dinner so I had not idea what was in store.  We drove just a short trip down to West end to Bound'ry.  Bound'ry was a very artsy place with wonderful service and fabulous food.  They even gave us an anniversary card signed by all of the staff and were seated in a very private secluded area by a fire place.  I wanted to take pictures but Mark was too embarrassed so this is the only two I got.
This was how they served our bread.  The two tall sticks are actually bread sticks.  It was all so yummy!



Afterwards we headed back to the hotel to exchange gifts.  I made Mark a scrap book which told the story of our 10 years together.  We had so much fun looking at all of the pictures from the pass and remembering all of the great memories.  I also gave him some new Oakley Sunglasses.  This is what Mark gave me...


I was so excited!  It is truly a gift that keeps on giving.  The pictures are so amazing.  Check out the difference:  

This is a picture of the hotel lobby with my old digital point at shoot camera:



This is also taken in the lobby but of the other side with my new camera:

The difference is amazing!  After this I started going crazy taking pictures of the beautiful hotel.  The architecture was perfect for picture taking!


This picture of the spiraling stair case was one of my favorites!  




We had an amazing time in Nashville and sure do miss living in the area.  Great memories from the past added to the new memories of celebrating our 10 year Anniversary!

No comments:

Post a Comment