Like everyone else, December is a busy month for us! Wrapping up sewing orders, finishing up Christmas shopping, decorating, parties, Christmas programs at School, and all of the fun stuff that the Holidays bring. This year we have an elf "Oscar" who visits us to make sure Ava is being a good little girl. He reports to Santa every night. Ava wasn't so sure of Oscar in the beginning, afraid that he would watch her while she sleeps. Oscar has been good elf so far. He brought her a christmas tree for her room and has left her a few notes of encouragement to be a good girl. He has only gotten into a little mischief when he wrote on our family picture and tried to help me wrap presents. I guess you can't be good everyday!
Ava was a big help this year decorating the tree!
Oscar arrived Thanksgiving day
The first weekend in December Mark did a duathalon in Dothan. His boss did the running and he did the biking. They came in first place in their division and second place overall. I was so proud of him!!! It was a mild day so Ava and I had fun hanging out with our friends and cheering everyone on.
Later in the week we celebrated my Birthday! Mark really planned an awesome day for me!!! He surprised me by taking me to Destin to eat at PF Changs. I always want to eat there when we are at the beach but he is never in the mood for Chinese when it is hot. I was so excited when we pulled into the restaurant parking lot. Afterwards he took me out to coffee where he and Ava surprised me with a cake and gifts while I was inside getting our coffee. What a special birthday I had!!!
Before heading out for my Birthday
Ava didn't want to smile
Last week Ava preformed at her Pre-school program. The night before we had a Christmas party and as we were leaving Ava fell and scratched up under her eye really bad. She was carrying her crayons in her hand and I was thankful that she didn't poke her eye out!!! Needless to say she looked pretty banged up for her Christmas performance the next day. All of the kids did really well and were so cute! I think there were less kids who cried than at the Thanksgiving program!
Ava and her buddy Rylan
Best buddies Ava and Claire!
Now that all of the parties and preparation for Christmas is coming to an end, we are looking forward to Christmas at home and with our family back in Kentucky. Only 4 more days until Christmas. Merry Christmas everyone!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment