Fun Family of Four Adventures
Lilypie First Birthday tickers
Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Monday, June 14, 2010

Race in Jackson

Like many other areas the heat has gotten pretty intense down here in the South.  We have had temperatures in the upper 90's and with the humidity it feels over 100 degrees even before lunch time.  This past weekend we traveled to Jackson GA for Mark's Mountain Bike race.  We made a weekend of it and arrived Friday so he could practice the trail for his race on Sunday.  Our hotel was right next door to an Outlet which got me very excited!  After our yard sale Mark got rid of alot of his clothes so he needed to find some to replace them.  Banana Republic always does the trick!  Of course I couldn't leave there empty handed myself he he he!!!  Also with Ava growing like a weed and standing at 3ft tall now she is out growing her 2T clothes.  I stocked up on some 3T stuff for her.  Sunday we woke up bright and early to check out to our hotel and head to the race.  At 7am it was already HOT!  The heat index that day was to reach 108 degrees.  Poor Ava was so sweaty but it didn't seem to bother her.  I was so worried for Mark while he raced.  With it being so hot and the fact that he had been really sick all week I was concerned he might pass out.  Finally I saw him round the corner YAY!  He came in 16th overall and did 10 miles in under and hour.  He didn't finish like wanted to or normal would but with the conditions and the fact that he has been fighting off being sick he did great.  Ava and I are so proud of him!!!!!  Needless to say we were all beat from the heat but still had to make the 4 hour track back home.  We slept good last night!

At the Outlet.  She was wanted to ride and then got afraid of the cat.

Race day






Ava took this picture.  Anything I could do to keep her happy while waiting for the race to begin.  This guy on the motor bike rides down to start the race.

The racers

Trying to capture Mark as he road by with no such luck


Luckily there was a little pond with a beach area for Ava to play 



Mark at the finish







I thought it was cute how Ava was sitting like her Daddy

No she did not just get out of the bath.  She was that sweaty!

No comments:

Post a Comment