Fun Family of Four Adventures
Lilypie First Birthday tickers
Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Monday, September 6, 2010

Labor Day Weekend

Our Labor Day Weekend began with a wedding.  Our sitter, who we have used for the past year got married on Friday and we went to be a part of her big day.  The ceremony was held outside at a local Park in Dothan.  Despite the 90 degree day we had had the 6:30 wedding was comfortable and very beautiful.  Ava could not wait to see Miss Moren as she calls her, however I don't think she recognized her in her beautiful dress and vail.  We had a great time and were so happy to be a part of Lauren's big day!

Waiting for Moren to walk down the isle.  Fruit snacks always keep her happy at least for a few minutes





Congratulations to Justin and Lauren!!!



Trying to get Ava to smile but something else caught her interest. Look at those big brown eyes!!!


On Sunday we decided to head over to Albany, GA to the Flint Riverquarium.  I had heard great things about the riverquarium and just knew Ava would love it.  She did in fact love it and had a wonderful time.  We arrived right during what is normally her nap time so I was worried but we had a great time.  The turtles were her favorite by far.  She even got to see a seahorse and baby piranas get fed.









I wish this picture would have been better.  I rarely get such a big smile while taking pictures.  Look Ava has a twin :)







I think Mark had just as much fun as Ava in the kid discovery zone!


















Ava explaining to us where the turtles are.



The riverquarium also has a craft room where she was able to make a "disco bird".  The disco bird consisted of a CD with construction paper glued to it for the body, eyes, a beak and Ava's favorite...the feathers.  She was so proud of her creation.



There was a large lizard exibit with a deck platform around it.  Ava thought it was a stage and danced for us.  She is quite the performer!  




The rest of the weekend we spent doing things around the house.  It always feels good to get things checked off of your "to do" list.  We finally finished painting our hallway to match the rest of the house and I sorted through of all of Ava's fall and winter clothes to see if any of it still fit.  Thankfully a few things still do and the rest I will be selling at a local consignment sale coming up.  Now here closet is all organized YAY!  I also got some sewing done and got almost caught up on my orders.  It's nice to have a productive day and a great weekend with my little family!!!

1 comment:

  1. Looks like you are enjoying your new camera! You got some great photos. :)

    ReplyDelete