Fun Family of Four Adventures
Lilypie First Birthday tickers
Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Mark's Birthday Celebration

On Monday we celebrated Mark's 36th birthday.  I had originally planned a little surprise party type celebration for the weekend as were supposed to spend the weekend in Atlanta with friends.  Atlanta had some bad rainy weather so we decided to stay home so off to plan b.  With Ava in School Mark and I were able to have a lunch date and then I rushed home to start making his birthday cake.  Let me just start by saying baking is not my thing nor do I enjoy it but a friend showed me a mountain bike cake idea on Pinterest and I just had to try this special cake for Mark.  Once Ava got home from school we put the finishing touches on it and prepared dinner, presents and decorations while waiting for Mark to get off work.  The cake was a hit!  My favorite was the sweet family picture Ava drew to go along with her birthday card to him.  She is becoming quite the little artist!

 Yummy icing!  



 love the family picture by Ava ! 

 Helping daddy blow out his candles

3 comments:

  1. Happy Birthday Mark! You did good on the cake and little Ava is just cute as a button!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Birthday Mark! your cake is awesome!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh waw!!! Happy belated bday to Mark! I love the cake, Holly!!!

    ReplyDelete