Fun Family of Four Adventures
Lilypie First Birthday tickers
Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Aviation Spouses Day

Back in November I put my name in the hat to participate in Aviation Spouses Day.  About a week before the event I found out that I was picked because someone dropped out.  Lucky me got geared up on February 3rd to participate with 59 other Army spouses and go through training similar to what our husbands went through in Flight School.  Most of the women there were flight school student spouses but there were a few of us who had been around too.  It was such a fun day and I am so glad I was able to be a part of such a wonderful event.  


Here is my comment on Facebook the next day which pretty much sums up the day:  


"I survived Aviation spouses day and recieved my wings last night! I flew a UH60 Blackhawks simulator without crashing, finished all obsticals with my team within the time given, ate at the chow hall, got dressed up in flight gear to receive Helicopter overwater survival training, and shot 8 out of 10 of my targets with an M16 in a simulated range. I had a blast and recommend all spouses to experience this!"





 Started the day at the simulator.  No pictures were allowed inside.


 My group broke up into two teams to go through the obstacle courses. 
 We had to work as a team to make it from one side of the pit to the other without touching anything black or red.  We had to each get across with all supplies.

 This one was tricky and the one I fell on but we figured it out and made it through.  I fell gracefully though :)  I had an awesome team!

 At Helicopter underwater survival training we learned what to do if our air craft were to crash in the water.  We got to wear flight gear and everything!



At the simulated gun range
 Ava and Mark pinned my wings on me at the graduation ceremony
  What a fun day and great way to meet some amazing ladies!

No comments:

Post a Comment