Sweet Baby Avery was born December 18th to our friends Karen and Jay. Avery is their 3rd child and second little girl but we couldn't resist in having her a shower. We decided to have the shower after Avery was born because Karen and Jay didn't find out the sex of the baby. That way we could shower her with all of the pink stuff a baby girl needs! We also went in as a group and got Karen a gift certificate for a message. Every mother needs a pampering day to herself every once in awhile!
All of the girls arrived around 6:30 and we ate, talked and ooohed and ahhhed over the babies. Brooke brought baby Zac with her too so Avery had a playmate. They are so cute together! It was so nice for us to all get together and catch up and celebrate the birth of Avery. All three of the ladies will be moving this summer so I need to take advantage of the time I have with them. Brooke and Tyler will be moving in April to Virginia, Karen and Jay are still not sure yet but it will probably happen this Summer and Maria and Clay will be leaving in July after her baby is born to move to Nabraska. I have known these ladies since my days at Campbell so it will be sad to have my closest friends move away again. Hopefully the Army will bring us together again some day.
I took a few pictures at the shower but just realized I didn't take any of Karen opening her gifts.
Check out my Tissue paper Pom Pom's. I got the idea from my friend Erin who made them for a shower back in November. With the help of Brooke we made the chandelier, center piece and bouquet for the gift table.
The bouquet of cupcakes and Brooke and I made
Avery and Zac saying hello. They were born a week apart.
Karen and Avery, Brooke and Zac
Ava loves babies. She is so good around them too. Is she trying to tell us something?
They are so cute!!!
From left to right: Maria, Karen, baby Avery, Me, baby Zac and Brooke



Your pom poms turned out great!! I love the bright colors.....they look so whimsical! Miss you!
ReplyDelete