Fun Family of Four Adventures
Lilypie First Birthday tickers
Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Sunday, March 7, 2010

Our Little Lady Ava Turned 2!


Polka Dot's and Little Black Spots, that's what Ladybugs are made of.  Our little Lady Ava turned 2!  The party theme was Ladybugs.  I attempted the cake myself this year complete with red icing and in the shape of a ladybug.  As you will see later the red icing kept us parents on our toes as the kids ate the cup cakes.  All of the decorations were in red, black and ladybugs and I even made little ladybug antennas for the kids to wear.

The party started at 3 with the kids playing outside while Mark grilled up the hot dogs.  I made a pin the spot on the lady bug game which I had thought would be hard for the two year olds to grasp but they all put the spot right on the target.  It was so cute!  We also had a ladybug pinata full of candy (sorry parents).  The kids loved the candy the parents not so much.

This year Ava knew what to do when the cake came she even blew at the candle.  It was a great improvement from last year when she cried while everyone sang Happy Birthday to her.  Also this year she did much better at opening her own presents!  She had so much fun playing with all of her friends!


Come on in!  Ava playing before the party began



Screened in porch decorated in Ladybugs


My first attempt at a ladybug birthday cake.




















Playing put the spot on the ladybug.  They all did a really good job getting the spot on the target.  I guess I underestimated how smart they are!!!







Karen gives wagon rides and helps with the pinata



CANDY!!!!


Her lips are all puckered up ready to blow out the candle! 



Yummy fun red icing! 






Austin was such a big helper!

I love this picture of Cohen




Playing with all of her new toys




No comments:

Post a Comment