Fun Family of Four Adventures
Lilypie First Birthday tickers
Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Sunday, January 30, 2011

Whistler Trip

Earlier this month we went on Mark's dream vacation to Whistler Canada with our great friends Daniel and Erin.   Mark loves to Snowboard and what better place than where the winter Olympics was held.  I on the other had am not very good but knew that I would enjoy the atmosphere and spending time with him and great friends.

We arrived in Seattle around the same time as Daniel and Erin who were flying in from Houston.  Unfortunately their luggage did not make it with them.  It was a very busy day at the airport being the day after New Years so problems were bound to happen.  We waited for 3 hours to see if their luggage would make it on another flight and they did all except for one suitcase.  Southwest cut Daniel a check and we drove off to shop for clothing to replace what had been lost.  An hour later they get a call from Southwest that their luggage had been found so we headed back to pick it up.  They got their luggage and $600 for their trouble.  Not too bad!  

We got a later start than had plan but we were so excited to see our friends and to be on this amazing trip none of us seemed to mind.  4.5 hours later we arrived in Whistler and got settled in.  The next morning we got up bright and early to get our ski passes and hit the slopes.  We decided to go all the way to the top and do Peak to Peak.  I quickly realized that this mountain was alot bigger than I was used to snowboarding on.  My legs would get so tired I would have to stop and I fell alot.  Amazingly I made it to the bottom.



Here we are in the Peak to Peak gondola.



















We were on the slopes the first two days we were there and then took the third day off to relax and enjoy some of the other things Whistler has to offer.  





First we went to Scandinave Spa to get pampered and to nurse our sore bodies.  The spa was situated in the woods and, in order to get there, we had to walk down a snow covered trail in the woods.  Here we are at the entrance to the trail to the spa.




Here is the trail leading to the spa.  You can barely see it for all of the snow.  










From this point on no pictures were allowed but here are some from their website.   We all started out with massages and then headed outside to the outdoor spa which included an eucalyptus steam room, dipping pools and hot jacuzzi and sauna.  It was so amazing to sit in the spa while snow fell around us.



After all of that relaxation we headed out to get ready and headed to the movies.  With no kids we could go and enjoy a movie which is something we never do anymore.

Alot of our time in the evenings was devoted to eating at some of the most amazing restaurants I had ever eaten.  There were so many to choose from that we could go back 100 times and still not get to eat at all of them.

 


  








There was so much snow that Mark had to dig out the trail map so we could see where we were going.




  














0n day four at Whistler we took it a little easier.  I was still a little uneasy on these big slopes and with all of the fresh snow it was harder than I was used to.  Mark was a great coach staying with me all the way and encouraging me.  Unfortunately right before we made it to the bottom my board caught and I twisted my knee really bad.  That was it for the snowboarding for me the rest of the trip.  Mark got my back to the room so that I could stay off of it for awhile.  We were to meet Daniel and Erin that day for lunch so Mark headed out to meet them and this is what they ate.






Apparently it is a Canada thing where they pour gravy and cheese over french fries.  This place was also know for there Awesome hot dogs.  Mark was a sweetie and brought me back one.



 The last day of our trip we decided to go souvenir shopping and then head back to the Scandinave Spa that evening.  We had fun shopping for our little ones and the we had another great experience enjoying the spa at night.




  


  I am so thankful for our great friends for inviting us to join them on this awesome trip.  Now we are wanting to get a timeshare too so that we can take them with us next year.  Next time though we will be bringing our little girls.  They will both be 3 and able to go to ski school.  Seven days was way too long away from our babies!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment