One weekend when we were staying with our friends Steve and Ginger for one of Mark's races, Ginger helped me figure out what I wanted to do for Max's nursery. She found this really cute lamp idea on Pinterest that I was able to make myself.
I started with a inexpensive lamp from Target, helicopter buttons, brown ribbon, hot glue and a can of red spray paint and ended up with a cute lamp that matches the room perfectly.
Since Mark is a helicopter pilot I went with that as the theme of the room. Ginger and I saw on Etsy where you could buy a wall decal of a plane with the saying "Oh the places you will go" and I fell in love. I asked my friend Kathlyn if she could paint something for me for above the crib similar to the decal but with a helicopter instead of an airplane. She took on the challenge and I couldn't be happier with how it turned out!
With the purchase of an extra crib sheet I covered 3 canvases with the star sheet and painted out his name for above the changing table.
For the mobile I embroidered helicopters onto brown felt and attached them to Ava's old mobile (minus the little bunny's that once hung on the ribbons for her room).
We are all ready for Max to arrive!






Love it! You did such a great job! Way to go Momma!
ReplyDeleteSo cute! Love it! So excited for you guys!
ReplyDeleteLooks great! Love the lamp!
ReplyDeleteI love it! I can't wait to see pictures of baby Max in his awesome room!
ReplyDelete