Regan, Erin and Lisa all drove in together from Clarksville to the Nashville airport while I drove from my parents in Kentucky. As soon as we meet each other in the parking lot the fun begins with Regan giving us all cute personalized handbags with goodies for the trip. We loved them and the snacks and magazines were a hit on the trip. The flight in itself was full of fun and great stories complete with free drinks from the flight attendants for being military spouses to crazy Zac. Zac was a character to say the least. He and his emotional support dogs sat beside Erin and I on the leg from L. A. to Oakland. His stories were all crazy and kept us entertained the entire hour long ride.
Thanks Regan for the wonderful goodie bags!!
Once we arrived in Oakland we drove to Napa to check into the B&B and searched for FOOD. We had only snacked all day so food was the first priority! We made our way to down town Napa to Bounty Hunter, which is a wine bar known for it's BBQ. The BBQ they served was more fancy than that of a typical BBQ joint and was delicious. Since we got there early, we were able to take advantage of 2-for-1 glasses of wine and started the trip out right!
We stayed at the McClelland Priest which Josh and Regan stayed in last summer. The owner had great connections in the area which helped get most of our tastings for free. The B&B had a separate carriage house with two bedrooms that slept four people. It worked out perfectly for us to have our own separate space.
We went to bed early and hit the ground running to squeeze in 5 wine tastings in one day. Our driver was to pick us up at 11:30 so we woke up early to get grocheries for our lunch picknic, made it to the B&B breakfast by 9 and hit a winery on our own before the limo arrived.
Every morning we had the most delicious breakfast and conversation with the other guest. I loved staying at a B&B!
Our cottage and courtyard area
Our first wine tasting we went to Rubicon. For most of the trip we went to smaller family owned wineries that you could only buy their wine there and not in stores. Rubicon was one exception because our inn keeper had connections to Rubicon and the $35 tasting fee was waived when we presented her card. Rubicon had a beautiful setting and great wine. What a way to start our first day!
We couldn't resist being goofy on the red carpet!
















I'm sending you photos on a CD this weekend! I am so behind. Sorry!
ReplyDeleteNo biggie Regan! I know you have been busy with just getting back to work and all. I stole some of the pics from your blog ;) I had to reference your blog too for the names of places. I have the worst memory sometimes especially when it comes to names LOL!
ReplyDeleteI love the last group picture. You girls look so pretty! Next time I fly I am taking Barkley as an emotional support dog lol. What a crazy!!!
ReplyDeleteLooks amazing! I will have to go one of these days!!!
ReplyDelete