Fun Family of Four Adventures
Lilypie First Birthday tickers
Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Sunday, April 11, 2010

Mommy and Daughter weekend

 Mark has started racing his mountain bike competitively and the races are every other weekend in various towns in Alabama, Tennessee, Georgia, North Carolina and Florida.  So far he has had trouble with his bike but just bought a new one this past week.  This weekend his race was in Tsali North Carolina about 6 hours from here.  Ava and I decided to stay home so we had a Mommy and Daughter weekend.

 We didn't do much of anything on Saturday except catch up on laundry and sewing projects.  Today however we spent most of the day outside.  The weather here has been just wonderful.  Clear blue skies and sunny with no humidity.  My kind of weather!!!  We started off the day by going to the park to play and to feed the ducks.  Despite my complaints about the small town we live in I am very pleased with the local park that is only 10 minutes down the road.  Ava just loves all of the play equipment and it has a wonderful walking trail and small lake area.  After Ava played we walked down to the lake to feed the ducks.  We walked and walked and walked and finally found 3 sitting under a shade tree.  Ava basically chased them away holding the bread in her hand.  I guess they weren't hungary.  Since the ducks didn't eat the bread Ava decided to eat it.  Good thing it was not old bread that I brought.  We really enjoyed our Mommy and Daughter weekend but are happy to have Mark home to grill us up some food and enjoy the last part of the weekend together.



On a mission!



"Here a go gucks" (here you go ducks)



If the ducks won't eat it I will!

No comments:

Post a Comment